Minnesota Softball offers various insurance packages through RPS Bollinger. Below are a list of insurance offerings.
Individual Registration Insurance: Teams may purchase individual registration insurance simply by creating their roster and checking "Individual Registration and Insurance". The rate is $12 per player. Each player will have liability and medical insurance. In the event the child is not insured by their parents this insurance becomes their primary.
Teams under this insurance plan may request also insured certificates for their training, practice, and game facilities at no extra cost.
Team Insurance: Another option to insure your team is to purchase one of our team policies.
Contact your commissioner at:
In order to play in USA Softball Championship events, USA Softball, for its own protection and the protection of all participants, has a minimum insurance requirement. Teams that fail to meet these minimum requirements must either purchase limits and plan details equal or better, or they may join the USA Softball Insurance Plan by contacting their local USA Softball Commissioner for Team Insurance or Individual Registration options.
A. COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE:
1. The TEAM shall procure and maintain Commercial General Liability insurance on a per occurrence basis with limits of liability not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence and $5,000,000 aggregate combined single limit for Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Coverage shall include the following extensions:
(a) Athletic Participants Coverage (Participant Legal Liability)
(b) Premises and Operations
(c) Products and Completed Operations
(d) Personal and Advertising Injury
(e) Sexual Abuse/Molestation Liability with no sub-limit.
2. The TEAM must name the USA Softball (include address) as an “additional insured” on the liability policy, and must provide a certificate of insurance (and upon request a policy endorsement) on the policy described above.
3. The insurance must be provided by an insurance company “admitted” to do business in all 50 states, having no less than an A.M. Best Rating of “A”.
B. ACCIDENT INSURANCE:
1. The TEAM shall show proof of an EXCESS ACCIDENT insurance policy with a per injury limit of at least $250,000 and a deductible of no more than $250, and an Accident Death Limit of at least $5,000 and a Dismemberment Limit of at least $10,000.
2. The insurance must be provided by an insurance company having no less than an A.M. Best Rating of “A”.
Other points for consideration:
The TEAM is also required to have its members (parents/guardians of members) sign the USA Softball waiver form that will be used.